Sunday, October 23, 2011

Introduction

I am a Speech-Language Pathologist with 20 years of experience and currently work for an amazing company: Transitions Rehab out of Tampa, FL. I’ve been a National Director (Garden Terrace Centers of Excellence for Dementia Research/Rehab), Regional Director, Facility Rehab Director, Program Development Consultant and Continuing Education Provider. I’ve written numerous continuing education courses for all disciplines in sub-acute rehab. Have specialized in Sensory Disorders/Fall Prevention (adults), Dementia Rehab, Behavioral Modification, Montessori Techniques (adults), Oral Motor Therapy, and Soft Tissue Mobilization. I’m certified in Vital Stim Dysphagia Treatment and the Allen Cognitive Levels. Not only do I have experience rendering and teaching therapy techniques for Patients suffering with Dementia, but also took care of my Mother (suffering with Binswanger's Dementia) for many years in our home so I understand the challenges of caring for a loved one with Dementia.

No comments:

Post a Comment